Integrate your serial RS-232/422/485 based industrial devices and equipment to a PROFINET control system without the need for any changes to the device. Just connect, configure and you're done!
The Anybus Communicator is a proven and trusted protocol converter gateway that connects non-networked industrial devices and equipment to PROFINET. The gateway performs an intelligent protocol conversion and presents the serial data to the Master PLC/Controller as easily processed I/O data.
The Communicator is slim stand-alone gateway designed for IP20 and DIN-rail mounting, requiring a 24-volt power supply. The Communicator is conformance tested to current PROFINET specifications guaranteeing network compatibility.
CONVERT ALMOST ANY TYPE OF SERIAL PROTOCOL
The Communicator is capable of converting almost any type of serial protocol such as Modbus RTU, ASCII, DF1 or any other type of proprietary Query/Response or Produce/Consume protocol.
TYPICAL SERIAL APPLICATIONS
Typical serial applications include variable frequency drives, sensors, actuators, human machine interfaces, barcode readers, RFID readers and industrial scales among others.
Features and benefits
- Saves machine builders and device manufacturers of integrating a PROFINET interface
- Allows system integrators to retro-fit older automation devices into modern PROFINET communication structures
- Requires no hardware or software changes to be made to the connected device
- Compatible with all PLCs with PROFINET support
- Performs complete serial protocol conversion, no PLC function blocks required
- Intelligent I/O data mapping within the Communicator permits even devices with slow serial communication can be integrated without any restrictions to the upper network
- Possibility to connect upto 31 nodes via one Communicator giving inexpensive PROFINET network connectivity for your devices
- Integrated Email client, FTP server and embedded webserver for diagnostics and data visualization
- Always free technical support from HMS and our global Anybus Distributors
- Quick start documentation
- Configuration cable (RS-232)
- D-sub connector with screw terminals for serial sub-network
- Configuration software available for download
- (Power supply not included)